Monday, April 14, 2008

I thought I was a good mother



I so thought I had this parenting thing nailed. Everyone was alive, happy, their homework was getting done promptly every evening after baseball practice...and then Saturday rolled around. John was working at our church for a few hours that afternoon, then he went to Costco for groceries(because he's a cool husband) got my oil changed in the mini-van(because he's a REALLY cool husband) went to Sports Authority to get a new trampoline enclosure for the kids(because he's a cool, really cool, safety minded husband) and then went to the commissary to get even more groceries(because...well, you know, he's just cool like dat) Anyhoo, it was basically an errand day for him and the boys and I hung out at home and had lots of fun. We busted out the slip and slide, I planted flowers and mowed the yard, they "washed" John's truck, we played in the sprinkler, it was just an all around good day....until.... Until it was time for bed and we went in and my eyes adjusted to the indoor light. My precious twins were replaced by lobsters. Burnt red lobsters. Yep, I thought I was a good mother...until I forgot sunscreen. Go ahead, you have my address, send me your hate mail. I deserve it.

No comments: