Sunday, November 18, 2007

Golden Gate.... Scary Gate!












Okay so as many of you are aware heights are not my thing. And yes, I am aware I am married to a pilot. I think being married to a pilot and being afraid of heights would be like being married to a pastor and being afraid to go to church. Not cool, but being the totally awesome mother I am; I put on a brave face and faked lots of excitement when we decided to go check out the Golden Gate. I would say things like, "Here we go! It's gonna be great!" and "Wow, look at all that water underneath us! How beautiful!" All the while wanting to pee my pants with fear that the thing was going to collapse. And to add insult to injury there was the giant tunnel that we had to drive through to get there....oh joy...because you know if there's anything I hate more than humongous bridges it's long, dark tunnels 12 feet underground in earthquake territory. So as my children read this 20 years from now I hope they appreciate all that I have done for them....yeah, yeah, yeah, there's the food, the shelter, the clothing, blah, blah, blah...but for goodness sake I went over the Golden Gate bridge for them!

No comments: