Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A very risky new year





We rang in the new year as we almost always do. John and I stay up and have a "party"with the kids, we turn back the clock 4 hours...they go to bed at 9...they think it's midnight...we shout, "Happy New Year!" and everyone, including us are in bed by 9:30. It's really just a genius system we have ourselves I must say...we should write a parenting book or something. This year, those little kids have finally caught up with us and now would realize that midnight is midnight. So we started a new "tradition" I go to bed, John stays up and has a real party with the boys and their friends. This year it included loads of pizza, snacks and milkshakes, a Madden Tournament and a game of Risk. I assume they had fun....I, in the spirit of full disclosure was upstairs snoozing as any normal wife would be. Happy New Year!

No comments: