Tuesday, May 12, 2009

30 Days!?!


Wow, 30 days until we depart. 30 days. So much to do, such a crazy time! This has been our most challenging assignment for a variety of reasons and I have sincerely struggled with our purpose here. I know God is in California. Duh. I know He wouldn't have sent us here unless he needed us to be here and walk through this time in our life. Double duh. But wow, to have 30 days left and not be able to discern what purpose we served can be a bit disorienting. I was sharing these thoughts with a friend recently and she shared a verse from Ephesisans that solidyified so much within me.

For this reason, take up all the armor that God supplies. Then you will be able to take a stand during these evil days. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground. Ephesisans 6:13

What an important reminder that though His plans and sight are so much greater than ours that we are still called to put on the full armor of God and sometimes just to simply stand.

Thank you Jesus! So I'm about 3/4 of the way ready for that big truck to make it's way into my driveway and to have complete strangers begin to load all of my wordly possessions onto it. Underwear drawer not withstanding. Cabinets are cleaned out, storage is organized, yard sale pile is ever growing, ya know. The standard. It's a bit of a well oiled machine by this point but those last few days and last minute errands still have a way of rising up and biting you in the booty. So for now, I will remain highly caffenated, put on my armor and PCS like nobodys biness.

2 comments:

Joe, Jenn, Nathan, and William said...

yeah for PCSing FROM California!!!

Carolann said...

You know, we wondered that too. We felt strongly we should be in CA, but as we were leaving it, we pondered on our time there and never could really see a full purpose. (Besides all the fabulous friends we made!). I've since learned that all things are for a purpose, even if we don't see it until much later in life. God ALWAYS has a plan!