Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Ball with.....Jay Leno!





































The most fun we have ever had at a fancy event! We spent an evening with Jay Leno! It was a ton of fun and was a lot like being in the front row of the monologue at the Tonight Show! Okay I've never been to the Tonight Show...but I can imagine that's what it was like. Now mind you our goal....okay, truth be told, MY goal was to get a photo op with Mr. Leno. Well, turned out to be a little tougher than I bargained for! It was truly a Paris Hilton type of paparazzi event! I have never seen women in heels and fancy dresses run so fast! Poor old Jay probably is half blinded by now from all the flashing bulbs! So I, being the polite self I am.....ha, ha, stayed at a distance so here is a list of people who I did get a photo op with!


  • The English bartender named Emma, she was delightful!
  • The usher who, finally, dismissed our table to go eat
  • The commander
  • The other commander
  • The caterer
  • The S.W.A.T. team....sorry! Can't post that photo but believe me, it's a goody!
  • The manequin...he was a toughy to track down, but he finally gave in and posed for a photo with me.
  • Somebody else's autograph....my autograph es su autograph






And yes, judging by the really giant smile on my face I may have indulged in a couple too many peach schnaps and orange juice, but hey, give a girl a break! It was Jay Leno for crying out loud!

2 comments:

Papa said...

The faces say it all!! How much fun can two folks have????

Anonymous said...

Sonia,

You are so hysterical! That is totally something I would have done. I can't quit laughing!
Love and Miss You! Melissa