Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bella's Love Den


One ten month old puppy + heat = 1 puppy in heat. Our little Bella is growing up and boy, oh boy is she ever looking for action! I found her under the couch last week with Jack's stuffed dog. I have a don't ask, don't tell policy so I don't know what was going on under there and I'm not sure I want to know! She has found a boyfriend in the form of Gunner, a German short haired pointer who lives next door. Yeppers, I must say the two are in no way "compatible" if you know what I mean. She is 10 inches tall and weighs about 7 pounds, he is about 4 feet tall and weighs way more than I can pick up....yep, not exactly a good fit if you know what I mean. So between my neighbor Cindy and I, we have commensed an all out assault aiming at keeping the two of them seperated. John has pulled out every concievable piece of lawn equipment that we own in an attempted to block off any escape paths under the fence. Our backyard looks like the Sears outdoor show room. So far we are not very successful so we may bring out the barbwire and electric fencing next and I have a call into Homeland Security to see if I can get some officers posted at the border. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: