Saturday, February 28, 2009

Aerobics class

Question. When did aerobics go from this:

where there are normal people who wear fashionable leg warmers; to this:

Where by the end of the "warm up" you are ready to curl up in the fetal postion and go home. Seriously. Someone help me. I have been going twice a week, Wednesday lady is normal.....Friday lady looks something like this:

It took all I had last week not to run...nay, walk and/or crawl out of the room and roll into my minivan. Was there some shift in the aerobic continuom over the last decade? Am I the only one that feels this way? I have decided to revolt against the aerobic machine and produce T-shirts in mass quantities that contain a motto such as:


or:


Whose with me?!

2 comments:

TheMovieSnob said...

What I love is when you are the "newbie" in class. Everyone just grabs their ginormous rubber bands or giant balls and begins to do what they are supposed to. Meanwhile you are just trying to keep from flinging your band across the room and into someone's head or keep the ball from popping out from under you and straight into the air.

Pielstick said...

Ditto what Jenny wrote... It also made me remember the day Jenny and I went to Fitness Bootcamp in Napa. I thought I was going to die and the next day I could barely get out of bed. Yikes- I was (and still am) so out of shape! You go Sonia- I am proud of you.