Sunday, February 8, 2009

...and you thought opening the present was naughty

I just recieved an email from my dad, who while reading the post about the present snoopiness was reminded of this naughtiness while we were visiting them a few summers back:

Look carefully and you will see the finger marks in the side of the cake

Apparently my kids have severe issues with delayed gratification when it comes to birthday items. Hmmmm, I guess we need to work on that so I shall add it to my list of things I am teaching my children:

1.Love God
2.Pick your clothes up off the floor(only the older two have issues with this, I learned to teach them YOUNG with the twins so their rooms are actually quite sparkly!)
3.Use deoderant......EVERY DAY, MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.....I BEG OF YOU
4.Always open a door for a lady
5.Stop snooping/eating cake before your actual birthday
6.While in church, refrain from nose picking while mommy is worshiping Jesus...it's distracting
7.Refrain from nose picking all together
8.Stop peeing on the toilet seat...in fact, if you are unable to get the pee fully in the nice blue toilet water....just go outside.
9.No kissing till your married...that's why the pastor says, "You may now kiss the bride."......have you seen "tween" TV lately?!! Grrrrrrrr!

Whew, I still have a lot of parenting work to do! Pray for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an awesome parent!! Tampons in school bag and all :)

I love #3 an #7 - if boys could master that I would be a proud mother, especially #3!!