Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear ladies to be named later.....

Dear Jason and Jordan's future wives. I just want you to know that I tried. I really, REALLY tried. I'm not entirely sure where I failed you. But I just want you to know that this:



will one day be your problem and no longer mine. I will pray for you....that you will have peace in the home you will create with my son as you begin a marriage and family all your own. I will pray that the two of you will be able to work through this dirty sock and towel and clothes and water bottles and smelly basketball uniform issue peacefully and with love in your hearts. I tried to ammend this before he came to you. But alas. I have failed. Please do remember that he means you no ill will. He does not do this to aggravate you, to irritate you, to give you one more thing to do each day. It's just that he has other things on his mind. He. Is. A. Boy. He is busy drafting NFL players in his mind for his championship fantasy team, he's too busy conditioning his new baseball glove to get ready for the upcoming season. He is right in the middle of a new level with his brother on their new video game that they saved up their allowance to buy. With this many very important activities going on there isn't possibly time to pick up after oneself. Thank you for your understanding.


I will be purchasing a rather large box of Tide for you on your wedding day. Enjoy my dear girl. And just remember, I tried.

All much sympathy and love,
Your tried and true mother in law.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, try harder with the younger two so Ellie at least has a chance at a peaceful life, will ya!?

Table for Six said...

LOL