Friday, December 11, 2009

What a good mother would have done.

If only I'd known. If only I'd known almost 13 years ago when Jason was born what on earth to do with fallen baby teeth. If only I'd known what Justin's teacher apparantly knows. I would have done this:

with each of their teeth. Four boys. Lotsa, lotsa baby teeth. Name. Date. Smiley Face. Brightly colored sticky notes. Tape the fallen tooth to the location of the mouth where it fell from it's baby glory.

If only I'd known because her solution is....well.....it beats the heck out of my solution which may or may not involve putting them in a sandwhich bag and tossing them into the junk drawer. Let me just tell ya. Can't you just see the pages and pages of beautiful tooth inspired scrap book pages with brightly colored sticky notes housing each tooth with the correct date, correct child, correct location of said tooth?!!! I can imagine it's beauty....and then I open my junk drawer. And the beauty is lost somewhere beneath the scotch tape and the taco seasoning. So mother of babies run! Run to your neighborhood office supply store and stock up on brightly colored sticky notes, tape and a magic marker. Then sit back and prepare to catch all of those precious little teeth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! Ellie's getting ready to lose her first tooth so maybe I'll start this! Although I'm pretty grossed out about teeth and didn't even plan on keeping them but I guess a good mom would at least do that.