Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pardon me...

Pardon me but do you happen to have a little perspective I could borrow? This note:

came home with Justin yesterday. After all we have been through with this sweet boy I must admit my heart starts beating a little faster when I am presented with a note from the teacher and all of those not so good memories of his kindergarten year come flooding back into my mind. But then I breathe. I breathe and realize how far he has come. Praise be to God. So as I was remembering to breathe and opened the note I discovered it was a fill in the blank note....which frankly I found amusing.

The pre-determined portion of note said something to the effect of Dear Mom and Dad, I had a hard time listening today and had to put my name on the board because I:.....and then the child fills in the rest of his or her offense. Justin apparantly talked during silent lunch(ok, totally unacceptable...I'm with her on that) the other offense however that John and I are considering some serious, earth shattering punishment for is...."I was reading when I wasn't supposed to."
Umm. Ok. Reading. Reading when he wasn't supposed to. Yeah. It's all about perspective is it not? And I will take this boy:

and that contagious smile over a note about too much reading anyday.

No comments: