Monday, September 22, 2008

Psst! Could you help me?


Okay so in all my new found free time I am now participating in the squadron book club. I'm thinking great, I'm excited, I love to read, I love a good book even more, it's gonna be rockin....and then I get the first selection...."The Virgins Lover" Ummm, okay, so yeah...I like to read books about like the Amish people and stuff or like Christian fiction....or like God's Holy Word...the Bible...and now I have to read the Virgins Lover? So picture me, dear friends if you will at Barnes & Noble. Now you know I am not going to just march right up there and ask for that! No way, nuh-uh, not happenin. So what do I do? Well smartly I think I can find it myself without the help of any sales clerk who will probably ridicule my choice. Now mind you, I am on a mission to find this book armed only with the title. No authors name, no real idea if I should look in the Fiction section, non-fiction...adult industry?! So I browse, and browse, and browse....gracious sakes! Do you know how many books are in Barnes & Noble?!! Finally, I relent that I am just going to have to ask someone for help and then I spend 5 minutes practicing in my head what I am going to say when I ask for this book. So of course I take the high road and decide to blame this months book club organizer and manage to stumble out the words....the vvvviirrgins lllooover. Oh she says! I know that one and leads me right to it. And here it is, The Virgins Lover...it's about Queen Elizabeth! Sheesh! Thanks Rachel for this, my first book club selection..it's been an experience I won't soon forget! See you tonight for discussion! I enjoyed it!

No comments: