Monday, October 19, 2009

The New House


Well, we did it. We took the plunge. After 11 years of base housing we did it. We moved to the dark side. We moved...gasp!....off base. It has it's benefits as pictured below:





It has it drawbacks as pictured by my now very empty wallet. Did you know that utilities cost money? Shock! Did you know you have to pay for things like trash pick up, gas, water and the ever bank breaking ELECTRIC BILL? Is America at large AWARE of this travesty?These boys have been raised in government housing. They have no ability to turn off a light. This. is. a. problem.
Are we happy? Yes. Good decision? No. GREAT decision? YES!! Did you know that 4 boys in 3,000 square feet is much more joyful than four boys in 1300 square feet? I can actually walk around in the house without bumping into anyone! People! I can carry my laundry basket through the hallway without having to preform aerobatic manuevers climbing up and over obstacles! It's bliss! Never mind we now cannot afford to feed them but that is another story. I'm just glad Dixie Electric is enjoying my $386 and $320 so far. I know all the pics are of the backyard but that is pretty much what our summer looked like.(For that matter we should have just signed a lease on the back of the house!) I would post more but I have go drop off my resume at Burger King. Dixie's gonna be calling again soon.

No comments: