Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Souper kind of season


Ahhh Fall. I adore you. I adore your brightly covered leaves, I adore the cool crispness in the air, I adore that you allow me to wear my jeans to hide my cellulite covered legs. Yes fall, you are my favorite. It's time to break out the other side of the wardrobe in the closet, and the other side of dishes in the kitchen. My favorite fall accessory?

This. She is my friend. She is my fall season friend. She cooks for me. A little love in the morning and she will reward with a huge pot of homemade soupy goodness in the evening. Sigh, I get excited just thinking about her. So in honor of her
I am going to share one of our family's favorites, duelly named "Chip Soup" (Which may or may not have been named that in order to convince a then 5 year old picky Jason to try a bite. I have discovered in my -ahem- parenting wisdom; that if you attach a title to a food and add one ingredient that they love they just may give it a try)

1 pound of ground hamburger or ground turkey(on a side note, I switched to ground turkey about two years ago, delish! We use it in everything. Healthier and we really can't taste the diff! Costco sells it in four packs(1 1/2 pds each pack) for about $13)
1 packet of Chili Seasoning
1 bag of frozen corn
1 chopped green pepper
1 large can of diced tomatoes with the juice
1 box and 1 can of chicken broth

Throw it all in here:


and about 8 hours later Waa-La! Yumminess abounds. We top it with sour cream, crushed fritos and shredded cheddar cheese. (This is the part where "healthy" flies right out the open window but delishnesses comes sailing right in) Enjoy! I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does!

No comments: