Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Quandry of the evil VIDEO GAME


Did something drastic last week. I mean D-R-A-S-T-I-C. I got a wild hair in my head that we needed to be done with video games. Like done, done. Like done for months and I don't know if they are ever coming back done. Those innocent looking console's have a way (I have discovered) of rising up and turning into little family time sucking, brother fighting machines.


It's not pretty folks. So Friday evening after I had talked to John about it the boys came downstairs and we made THE announcement. That we were going to take a break from video games. We braced ourselves. Though outwardly we were calm and firm, inwardly we awaited the backlash....(these boys do outnumber us two to one people, they could sooo take us down) Their reaction? "Ok mom" Yep. Ok mom???!! What?!! So the next morning I come downstairs and find this at 7am:



Four boys. Playing Risk. Nicely, calmly, non-electronically. Bestill my heart! We have been on a family board game playing, scooter riding, football outside playing roll ever since! Maybe TV will be next......uhhhh, errrrrr, hmmmmmm maybe not. I do love me some SpongeBob after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl. Mike and I made the decision to cut the cable awhile back and really cut back on tv watching. It was sucking the life out of my child...anyway, he responded a lot like your boys did to the video games and we do so much other stuff now. WAY TO GO for being the kind of parents that do drastic things when it threatens your family life!!!!