Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wifey Daycare


Ever since our arrival here I have been plunked down in the middle of a whole host of activities. Some ACSC related. Some OSC related. Book club, Bible study, Bunko, Knitting, Scrapbooking, Trips and Tours, Wine tasting, Sewing, Walking, Running, Tennis, Eating...oh wait, that is just my dream club. You name it; they have a group for it. Some have been great. Some have not. But one thing struck me as I was playing Bunko yesterday morning. And that something is this: I go to daycare. Wife daycare. The husband goes to work. The kids go to school. This Air Force Wife? She goes to Daycare. There I was, amongst a group of other women my age. I had my $5 from my husband in order to get my prize at the end. We had snacktime. We played games and I played nicely and fairly with the other wives. We didn't nap but I'm sure if given the opportunity some of us would have grabbed our nap mat eagerly. I half expected to recieve a gold star on my sticker chart at the end of the day. Fun daycare? Absolutely. But daycare nonetheless. Thus I am considering submitting a new slogan for ACSC, perhaps a little sumethin like this:

Daycare. It's not just for children.

No comments: