Thursday, August 21, 2008

How did these 2 turn into these 2?






Well, it's official...twins have started 1st grade. 2 down, 2 to go!(the bigs start on the 2nd of September) For those of you that do not know, I have resigned my position at the boys school and I will once again be an at home mommy...can I get a amen! Due to a variety of circumstances the twins are now attending on base and the older two will stay where they are. Can we take a minute and look at what this means?!.....FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE ALL FOUR WILL BE IN SCHOOL AND I WILL BE AT HOME WITH NO KIDS IN THE HOUSE....what to do, what to do! This is truly a crossrods type of moment for me and all I can say is I feel old. I miss tooling around Target or the grocery store with a cart full of babbling toddlers and babies. Okay, okay, I'm sure that will pass when I stretch out into my new found freedom, but for now, for this 1st day of school morning, I am feeling a bit sad. Though I can't wait to fill my time with cooking again(woo-hooo!) volunteering in their classrooms, having lunch with them and baking pies for no good reason. If I could be June Cleaver and stand in my kitchen with my apron on all day I would be very happy! John calls me domesticated but I love it! Gotta go put some more vacuum lines in my carpet, gotta run!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Want to know what you can do? Come to my house and listen to my screaming kids. But that would mean I would have to invite you over first. ;-)

Only on Monday said...

Yeah for ya'll. I am happy for you. I know your heart has always been at home! See you in about a year... Wanna be my nanny when we get to Alabama?